Weight Loss in Cary – The Truth Behind Prescription Weight Loss
Weight Loss in Cary – If you are a candidate for prescription weight loss, there are a few things you need to know before taking the plunge. First and foremost, when it comes to your body, it is always important to know exactly what you are putting in it. For that reason, at Total HealthcareMD, we only prescribe our patients with FDA approved prescription weight loss medications that have a track record of success and safety.
If you have been toying with the idea of prescription weight loss, keep reading to determine if prescription weight loss medication may be right for you.
4 Things You Should Know About Prescription Weight Loss
- Prescription weight loss medications are not a substitute for healthy eating and exercise. The pill alone is not going to provide the weight loss goals you want. In order to achieve the full benefits of the prescription weight loss medication, proper nutrition and exercise are key.
- Prescription Weight Loss Medications are not for everyone. In most cases, a physician will not prescribe these medications to patients who are looking to shed a few unwanted pounds. Doctors will take into account factors such as BMI and health conditions to determine if these drugs are necessary. Patients with BMIs over 30, or BMIs of 27 or over with an accompanying condition, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, may be candidates for prescription weight loss.
- Like any medication, there is a chance that Prescription Weight Loss Medications may produce unwanted side effects. Side effects will vary based on the drug used. Common side effects range from an increase in bowel movements to headaches and constipation. Therefore, if you experience any side effects from the medication, speak to your doctor. In many cases side effects can be controlled and your doctor will want to know.
- Prescription weight loss medications can be used over a short term or long term period, depending upon the drug. Many of the popular weight loss drugs have been approved for long term use. However, there are also varieties that are only meant for short term use, such as a few weeks. Depending upon your situation, your doctor will discuss your options and make a recommendation on which drug best fits your needs.
About our Cary Weight Loss Center – A range of programs customized to your individual needs
Total HealthcareMD is not your typical weight loss clinic. We believe that everyone is unique, which is why they need their own customized weight loss plan. This is why we offer a range of different programs (see below for a list). These include:
- Diet Plans
- Metabolic Testing
- Personalized Medical Weight Loss
- Physician Supervised Weight Loss
- Pregnancy Weight Management
- Prescription Weight Loss
Make an appointment at our medical weight loss clinic in Cary and learn that losing weight can actually be an enjoyable and effortless process. With this intention you risk nothing by consulting our dietitians, but the effects you can achieve will astonish you. Visit us today – we look forward to helping you become the fittest and healthiest version of yourself.
This article was written on behalf of the practice by RedCastle Services. RedCastle specializes in Online Marketing for Doctors, including Medical SEO, SEO for doctors, and Medical Website Design. Contact RedCastle Services today to find out how we can help your practice increase its number of online patient referrals.