March in North Carolina can only mean one thing, swimsuit season is approaching. For some, breaking out their swimsuit collection and shopping for new styles is their favorite part of spring. But for others, it is dreaded. If you are working to lose weight and regain a healthy lifestyle, the thought of getting into a bathing suit may be enough to have you running in the opposite direction. If you fall into the later category then stop and take a deep breath. We are here to help.
5 Tips For Feeling Confident in Your Swimsuit:
- Choosing the Best Swimsuit For Your Body: The most important thing is feeling confident in the suit you are wearing. For men, this may mean opting for longer swim shorts. However, for women, this can be more difficult since suits come in all shapes and styles. The key to feeling confident is selecting a bathing suit that works best for your body type. If you are self conscious of your waistline, Spanx offers a one-piece suit that is sure to flatten you out. Additionally, swimsuits that are dark in color, such as black, offer a slimming appearance. Our advice is to seek help from a professional and try out a few different styles until you find one you love.
- Accessorize: If you don’t feel comfortable walking around in your swimwear, that is perfectly okay. For men, it is completely acceptable to sport a t-shirt or board shirt, even in the water. For women, opt for a sassy surrong or stylish cover up that compliments your suit and gives you extra coverage. Additionally, a cute pair of wedges or high heel sandals will help elongate your figure and maybe even boost your confidence.
- Make Smart Meal Choices: The best place to get ready for swimsuit season is in the kitchen. Making smart meal choices will go a long way in helping you slim down and even keep weight off. We suggest eating foods that are packed full of nutrients, such as leafy greens, quinoa, salmon, greek yogurt, and fresh veggies. Additionally, fresh peppermint aids in reducing bloating, so keep that in mind as you plant your spring garden.
- Drink the Right Things: We have said it before and we will say it again: water, water, water! Drinking water is the best way to reduce water weight and bloat. Your body retains water when it isn’t getting enough, which can make you appear swollen. If you wish to slim down and feel confident in your swimwear, drink up. It is advised to drink half of your body weight in ounces a day. For a 150lb person, that is 75 oz of water. Additionally, alcohol tends to have the opposite effect, so if you really want to focus on weight loss, skip the alcoholic beverages.
- Take Control of your Weight Loss: If you are ready to get serious with your weight loss, seek the help of the professionals at Total HealthcareMD. Total HealthcareMD is a medically supervised weight loss and wellness clinic that specializes in helping adults lose unwanted weight and regain their health. No matter if your goal is to lose 10 pounds or 100 pounds, seeking the help of a weight loss clinic will get you one step closer to the results you want and deserve.
Overall, the key to feeling confident in a swimsuit is to embrace your body, no matter your shape or size.
Total HealthcareMD is here to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Learn more about our customized weight loss program and meet our fabulous weight loss team. When ready, schedule your complimentary weight loss consultation! We will have you ready for swimsuit season in no time.