- 1/4 cup Butter
- 8 oz Mushrooms sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup grated cheese of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a muffin pan very well (makes 15 muffins).
- In large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted add sliced mushrooms. Let cook 1 minute without stirring, then add salt and pepper to taste. Saute until golden brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds, then add the fresh spinach, Cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whish together coconut flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add eggs, whipping cream, and grated cheese and whisk until well combined. Stir in mushroom/spinach mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full. Bake 25-30 minutes or until puffed, set to the touch, and light golden brown.
Nutrition per muffin: Calories: 75; Protein: 6g; Carbs: 2.47g; Fat: 5.6g
Share this Recipe