- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Scoop out the inside of the pumpkin. Separate the seeds from the flesh as well as you can and place the seeds in a bowl of water
- Use your hands to swish the seeds around to loosen any remaining flesh or strings. The seeds will float, so you can remove them with a spoon or your fingers
- Drain the seeds on a dry dishtowel or plate lined with paper towels. Pat dry
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat
- Place pumpkin seeds in a small bowl. Add salt and drizzle with olive oil. Stir to coat.
- Spread seeds on prepared baking sheet in an even layer
- Bake the seeds, stirring once or twice, until toasted and golden brown, about 20 minutes
Nutrition: Serving size: 2 ½ tbsp. Calories per serving: 54. Net carbs: 4g Protein: 2g. Fiber: 2g.
Bonus! Other flavor combinations: spicy (½ tbsp. red pepper flakes + ¼ tsp paprika), sweet (1 tsp cinnamon + 1 tbsp sugar), or cheesy (¼ cup Parmesan cheese + ½ tsp garlic powder), chocolaty (1 tbsp cocoa powder + 1 tbsp sugar)
Share this Recipe