- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon cut into 4 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the honey, thyme, mustard, lemon zest, and pepper in a small bowl. Arrange the salmon, with the skin side down, in a shallow roasting pan lined with cooking foil. Using the back of a spoon, spread the honey mixture to coat the top of each fillet.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees and flesh is opaque and flakes with a fork.
Variation: Substitute your favorite dried or fresh herb for the thyme-or combine several.
Tip: To store fresh fish a day or two after purchase, rinse and place in a bag with ice. Pour off melted ice and replaced with more ice chunks.
Nutrition Note: The white droplets accumulating on the top of salmon are rich in omega-3s, and so is the gray colored meat right next to the skin. Enjoy both to reap the most omega-3s.
Calories: 270; Total fat: 11g; Saturated fat: 1.5g; Cholesterol: 90mg; Sodium: 135mg; Total carbohydrate: 10g; Dietary fiber: 0g; Protein: 32g.
Share this Recipe