- 2 eggs
- 1-1 1/2 cup Half and half Or 3/4 cup cream plus 3/4almond milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 15 oz can Canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4;9 tsp drops EZ-Sweetz Or 1/2 cup sugar substitute plus 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar replacement Truvia
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp Ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Butter bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Mix crust ingredients together and press into pan.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or lightly brown and fragrant.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once pie crust is prepared, cover edges w/ a shield or foil, and bake until firm and just starting to brown. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place a baking sheet on lowest oven rack.
- Whisk eggs, half and half, and vanilla together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine pumpkin puree, sugar substitutes, salt, and spices in a large, heavy saucepan. Set over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it starts to simmer, which will take about 5 minutes. (Mixture will splutter and spit, so use a deep pan or a splatter shield.) Continue to stir and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in egg mixture until smooth. Press out any lumps or strain if necessary.
- Pour filling into warm pre-baked pie shell (reheated for a few minutes if cool). Use pie crust shields or foil to protect edges from over-browning.
- Set pie on pre-heated baking sheet in 400F oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300F and continue to bake until edges of filling are set but it is still wobbly in the center, about 20 to 35 minutes longer. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the center should register 175F.
- Set pie on rack and let cool for 2 to 3 hours until room temperature. Refrigerate pie when cool. Garnish with sugar-free whipped cream.
Approx. Nutrition per serving (1 slice): 225kcal; 18.3g fat; 6.8g carbs; 7.3g protein.
Share this Recipe