- 1/2 large head Cauliflower coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Cut away the leaves of the cauliflower, but use most of the inner core part. Coarsely chop the cauliflower, place in a microwave safe bowl, cover and cling wrap, microwave 2 minutes on high (or until slightly soft). Quickly take off the cling wrap and let the steam escape. Drain any remaining water from bowl.
- Put cauliflower in food processor. Pulse until cauliflower is finely chopped but still slightly chunky. (Be careful not to over process so you don't end up with a puree). Drain any remaining water.
- Put finely chopped cauliflower into a bowl and add cheese, almond flour, salt, and pepper (or other seasoning). Stir until ingredients are well combined. Add the egg and stir until all ingredients are coated with egg.
- Use 1 Tbsp cookie scoop or measuring spoon to scoop out rounded spoonfuls into the mini muffin pan. Bake 15 minutes. Carefully turn each tot over in the muffin tin and bake an additional 15 minutes (or until tots are browned on both sides).
Nutrition (per serving; 8 tots) Calories: 140; Protein: 10g; Carbs: 10g; Fat: 5g.
Share this Recipe