At Total HealthcareMD, we understand that no matter how healthy recipes are, if they are too cumbersome to prepare no one will ever make them. That’s why we love this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats.
Each serving contains just under 40 grams of protein. If you’re making them for dinner, double the recipe for lunch the next day.
- 4 small-medium zucchini
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Wing sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 7-9 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the buffalo wing sauce
- As the chicken cooks, cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds and center out of each zucchini half, leaving a ¼ inch thick zucchini boat. Place the zucchini in the baking dish cut-side up
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the zucchini evenly with the cheese
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 35 minutes
Approx. Nutrition per serving (1 boat): 363kcal; 6.2g NET carbs; 37.9g protein
Share this Recipe