Is there any food more comforting than soup? This Asian Beef Zoodle Soup is perfect for a rainy day, cool winters or just on a busy weeknight.
One of its key ingredients, bone broth, offers a host of health benefits including relief from joint pain, increased energy, balanced hormones, and boosted immune function. And by using coconut aminos instead of soy sauce, the amount of sodium is reduced by 73%.
This Whole 30-compliant soup is packed with flavor and sure to become part of your regular rotation.
Are creamy soups more your style? Check out this Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Onion halved and sliced thinly
- 6 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms steamed and sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 5 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tsp Red Boat fish sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 zucchini
- 12 oz boneless beef sirloin steak thinly sliced across the grain
- In large pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds
- Add the broth, coconut aminos, fish sauce, and salt
- Bring to a boil; reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, use a spiralizer (or julienne peeler) to cut the zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strands (or use a regular vegetable peeler to cut the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons)
- Add the zucchini noodles to the simmering soup and cook until just tender, about 1 1/2 minutes
- Add the sliced steak and simmer until just cooked, 30 to 60 seconds
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with the toppings of your choice
Approx. Nutrition per serving (1.5 cups): 241 kcal; 8.5g Fat; 15g NET carbs; 23g protein
Share this Recipe