Weight Loss Recipe of the Week
- 1 small lemon
- 2 packages Tofu Shirataki Fettuccine Shaped Noodle Substitute
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 8 oz. raw shrimp, peeled, tails removed, deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread 2 tsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
- Optional: salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, chopped parsley
- Cut lemon in half, and squeeze the juice from one half into a small dish; remove any seeds, and set aside. Cut the other half into wedges, and set those aside as well.
- Use a strainer to rinse and drain shirataki noodles well. Pat dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 1 minute. Drain excess liquid. Dry as thoroughly as possible, using paper towels.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until softened, 2 – 3 minutes. Add shrimp and red pepper. Stirring occasionally, cook until shrimp are opaque, about 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and continue to cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Raise heat to medium high, add shirataki noodles, and mix well. Continue to cook for 1 – 2 minutes, until entire dish is hot and shrimp are cooked through. Add butter and stir.
- Plate your scampi, and top each serving with 1 tsp. Parm-style topping. Garnish with lemon wedges and, if you like, season to taste with optional ingredients. Enjoy!
Nutrition (1/2 of recipe (about 1 3/4 cups)): Calories: 218, Fat: 8.5g, Carbs: 14g, Protein: 26g
204 Davis Grove Circle, Suite 103, CARY, NC 27519; 919-436-3777