Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 2½ cups (approx ½ head cauliflower)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated cheese such as mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste choice of herbs such as rosemary or oregano
1. Cut the cauliflower into smaller florets and blitz the cauliflower using a food processor until quite fine, but do not puree.
2. Steam them until soft, or microwave for 5 minutes.
3. Place the cooked, soft cauliflower onto a clean tea towel. Twist to remove all the liquid. If not enough liquid is removed, the pizza base will not crisp.
4. Place the drained, cooked cauliflower in a large mixing bowl and add the egg, seasoning, herbs and grated cheese. Mix well until a ball forms.
5. Prepare a baking tray lined with a non stick sheet or baking paper. Do not use a pizza stone as it will probably stick and not lift off easily.
6. Place the ball of cauliflower ‘dough’ onto the baking sheet and press out into a round pizza shape for a nice cauliflower pizza crust
7. Spray the top with some olive oil to help it crisp, then bake at 180C/350F for 15 minutes or until your cauliflower pizza crust is golden.
8. Add the toppings, cover with more cheese and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- SAUCES – Homemade tomato sauce with no added sugar (use as fruit serving for day), pesto, garlic and oil
- VEGETABLES – Bell peppers, onions, olives, broccoli, eggplant, artichoke, asparagus, leeks, mushrooms, spinach, summer squash
- MEATS – Salami, pepperoni, chorizo or Italian sausage, chicken
- GREENS – Kale, spinach, basil
- FLAVORS – Garlic,basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano
Nutrition Information Serving size: ½ pizza base:
Calories: 236 Fat: 15.5g Carbohydrates: 7.1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 17.8g
204 Davis Grove Circle, Suite 103, CARY, NC 27519; 919-436-3777