Cary Weight Loss Center – What Should Be On Your Healthy Grocery List
You have made the decision to get healthy and eat right. Whether that means you have started a new workout regimen, have set a goal to lose weight, or you are interested in general health and wellness, you have taken the initial step to eating clean. However, in many cases eating healthy is easier said than done. So, where do you go from here? The first step in eating healthy is shopping healthy. Clean eating begins with a healthy grocery list.
When you stock your fridge and pantry with the right foods, it is much easier to eat healthy when it comes to mealtimes. So what exactly should be on your healthy grocery list? We’ve got you covered. Just bring the list below with you to the market and you should be set for healthy eating.
Healthy Grocery List
Grains and Legumes
- Brown Rice
- Steel-cut Oatmeal
- Ezekiel bread
- English muffins
- Pita Bread and Wraps
- Kidney beans
- Garbanzo beans
- White beans
- Squash: Butternut, Acorn, Spaghetti, Pumpkin, Winter
- Bell Peppers (all colors)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower
- Snow/Sugar Snap Peas
- Mushrooms (all varieties)
- Lettuces (all varieties)
- Root Vegetables: Jicama, Turnip, Carrots, Beets, Parsnip, Rhubarb, Rutabaga
- Greens: Beet, Mustard, Kale, Collard, Spinach
- Seafood: Wild Caught Salmon, Haddock, Cod, Mahi-Mahi, Shellfish
- Poultry: Pastured and Organic Chicken, Turkey, Pheasant, Duck
- Organic and 100% Grass Fed Beef, Bison, and Lamb
- Pastured and Organic Pork
- Processed Meats (grass fed, pastured, organic, nitrate free) Bacon, Sausage, and Deli Meat
- Cage-free and Organic Eggs
- Melon: Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Honeydew
- Mango and Papaya
- Oranges and Tangerines
- Berries: Black, Blue, Strawberries, Raspberries
- Apples (all varieties)
Now that you are equipped with a healthy grocery list, you are ready to hit the store. For a list of healthy recipes, visit the recipe section of the Total HealthcareMD website, or follow us on Facebook. Keep in mind that clean eating can still be delicious.
Once you are stocked up with healthy food, it is time to get cooking. Prepping meals ahead of time is a great way to ensure you have a healthy snack or meal ready when hunger strikes.
Cary Weight Loss Center – Learn More
If you are ready to shed unwanted weight and begin living a healthy lifestyle, you have come to the right place. At our Cary Weight Loss Center , we are dedicated to helping our clients achieve their weight and wellness goals. One way we do this is through providing our clients with the tools they need to be successful, such as customized meal plans. Request a free consultation today.