In the winter it can be tough to conjure up the motivation to workout. Living in North Carolina, you are blessed to have 70 degree days throughout winter. However, when the temperatures take a dip, your motivation can go right along with it. That is why it is important to have indoor activities where you can burn calories without worrying about what’s going on with mother nature. Below are a few ideas for calorie burning indoor activities that are fun for the whole family.
- Swimming: Indoor pools, such as the Optimist Pool in Raleigh, NC and The Triangle Aquatic Center in Cary, NC. are great places to frequent in the winter months. Swimming is wonderful exercise, and these venues offer lanes where you can swim laps. Additionally, many indoor pools offer courses such as water aerobics, if swimming laps is not your style.
- Trampoline Parks: Talk about a calorie burning indoor activity. Trampoline parks are the new rage and an excellent way to exercise while having fun. DefyGravity in Durham,NC or Jumpstreet in Cary, NC are just two of the many trampoline parks that are popping up over the triangle. An added bonus is your children will love this activity.
- Indoor Rock Climbing: Indoor rock climbing is another great way to get in a cardiovascular workout while having fun. In fact, you may burn as many as 500 to 900 calories per hour. Stop by Triangle Rock Club in Raleigh, NC and Morrisville, NC to see what the fuss is all about. Triangle Rock Club offers climbing walls, boulders, and a cave for the advanced climber.
- Racquetball: Many area gyms offer racquetball courts, such as Lifetime Fitness in Cary, NC. Grab a friend or family member to join in on the fun. You are sure to work up a sweat while participating in a little friendly competition while playing this sport. For a 160 pound person, you can expect to burn approximately 511 calories after an hour of play.
- Cycling: Another rage this day and age is spinning, also known as cycling. Cycling Studios are becoming a common occurrence in the triangle, such as Fly Wheel in Raleigh, NC and Cycle Bar in Brier Creek. These facilities offer spinning classes that are a surefire way to burn calories and work up a sweat.
- Skating: Ice skating and roller skating are both great indoor calorie burning activities. You will not only get in an excellent cardiovascular workout, but probably a few laughs as well. Head on over to the Cary Ice House in Cary, NC for a fun day of ice skating, or Jellybeans Super Skate Center in Raleigh, NC to lace up your roller blades.
Don’t let the winter weather hold you back from a great workout. These indoor calorie burning activities are so fun, you won’t even realize you are exercising.
If you are ready to get in shape but don’t know where to begin, let the experts at Total HealthcareMD help. As a physician supervised weight loss and wellness center, we are dedicated to helping you shed unwanted weight and regain a healthy lifestyle. Learn more about our program or request a complimentary consultation.