Do you have a few extra pounds around the middle? If so, you are not alone. In many cases, waist fat is the easiest fat to store and the most difficult fat to lose, specifically for women. However, not only is waist fat an annoyance, it can also be dangerous for your health.
Waist Fat is Bad For Your Health
Known as visceral fat, the fat that accumulates around your midsection is biologically active. This means the fat releases compounds into your body, heightening your chances for developing weight related conditions such as cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes. So, how do you safely and effectively combat waist fat? The tips below are a great place to start.
Tips to Combat Waist Fat
- Get the perfect amount of sleep. Although at times it may be difficult to get a good night’s sleep, especially if you have young children in the house, sleep is crucial when it comes to your health. In fact, studies have shown that there is a correlation between sleep and visceral fat. Adults who get more than 6 but less than 9 hours of sleep per night tend to have less waist fat than adults who sleep less than 6 hours or more than 9 hours per night. Therefore, too little or too much sleep may be harmful for your midsection.
- Say goodbye to stress. When it comes to stress, it can really take a toll on your body and health. It may also be to blame for your waist fat. Stress causes your body to produce a hormone known as cortisol which can cause your body to store more abdominal fat. Although de-stressing may be easier said than done, try relaxation techniques such as mediation and yoga to help clear your mind.
- Make changes to your diet. The key to a perfect diet is not eating less foods, it is eating more of the right foods. If you want to slim down your midsection, skip the processed foods and foods that are high in sugars and opt for healthier options such as whole grains. It is also recommended to pass on sodas and sugar filled drinks and hydrate with water throughout the day.
- Get active. If you want to reduce waist fat, you must get out and get active. Living a sedentary lifestyle is not the answer to burning unwanted fat. Start a workout regimen and stick to it. It might take time to see results but don’t lose your motivation. Waist fat tends to be difficult to lose, but with a little dedication and sweat, your belly will be flatter in no time.
- Seek help. When it comes to weight loss, it is okay to admit you need help. Whether you have hit a plateau or don’t know where to start, Total HealthcareMD can assist you on your journey. As a physician supervised weight loss and wellness clinic, Total HealthcareMD will work with you to develop a customized weight loss plan that fits your lifestyle and level of health. You don’t have to struggling with weight loss alone.
Explore Total HealthcareMD
If you are struggling with waist fat, we invite you to learn more about our program and check out our healthy recipes. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for our latest recipes and blogs. When ready, request your free, no obligation consultation.