Just like each new year, 2017 brings the promise of a fresh start. If you have set a New Year’s Resolution to lose weight and adopt a healthy lifestyle for 2017, you have come to the right place. Total HealthcareMD is dedicated to helping patients achieve their weightloss goals through diet, exercise, and unique programs.
If you have set a weight loss resolution and are left wondering where to begin or how to make your resolution stick, these 5 tips below may work for you.
Tips For Keeping Your Weight Loss Resolution
- Write it down: The best way to keep a New Year’s Resolution is to write it on a piece of paper and display it somewhere where you will see it each day, such as the bathroom mirror or the refrigerator door. This daily reminder will help you to stay focused and motivate you to keep going even on days where you may be lacking motivation.
- Set obtainable goals: It is important to be realistic. If your New Year’s resolution is to lose weight, don’t start with a goal of 60 pounds. Set a goal of 5 lbs and when you achieve that goal then move on to a goal of 15 pounds and so forth. When you set goals you can achieve, you will feel pride when you reach them instead of disappointment or frustration.
- Reward Yourself: When you reach a goal, treat yourself to something you’ve been wanting. Maybe that includes a massage to treat your sore muscles, a dinner out at your favorite restaurant, or the new workout top you have been eyeing. Whatever it is your heart desires, use it as a reward when your hard work pays off. After all, you deserve it.
- Accountability: A surefire way to keep your weight loss resolution is to hold yourself accountable. The best
way to do this is to find a “gym” buddy or a friend to workout with. Working out with someone else will ensure you are less likely to cancel or skip a workout. Sharing your goals with others is another great way to achieve accountability.
- Ask for Help: Asking for help does not make you weak, in fact it does quite the opposite. Asking for help is a sign that you care about your health and sticking to your goals. Sometimes you may need assistance finding motivation, or you may hit a plateau and need a little extra help shedding a few pounds. If you need help achieving your weight loss resolution, Total HealthcareMD may be right for you.
Total HealthcareMD Can Make Your Weight Loss Resolutions Stick!
Don’t let your weight loss resolution slip away. Patients who enroll in the weight loss program at Total HealthcareMD sleep better, develop more energy, and enjoy an overall higher quality of life all while achieving the weight loss goals they desire. Learn more about what makes the weight loss program at Total HealthcareMD so unique or request a free, no obligation consultation.